Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Blue for Diabetes

I have been so busy with the kids and school work that I have not had as much time for manis and blogging as I used to. Unfortunately, I was too late to get in on Blue Manis for National Diabetes Day, but I wanted to do a blue mani anyway to show my support. Better late than never, right?

My grandfather had Diabetes, so it is something that I have always been aware of, and, while I do not have diabetes, I have to be aware of the elevated risk for myself and my children that comes from having it in the family. I have never had the pleasure of meeting my grandfather, as he passed away before I was born, but I know he was very much loved by my family and still missed to this day.

On to the mani. This will probably look a little familiar to you if you follow my blog. This was inspired by the Inspired By Another's Nails from the 10-Day Challenge. It has honestly become my new favorite mani!


Please forgive the terrible photo, it was the perfect storm of dead batteries in the camera and the kids being awake (as you can tell from the leg in the top corner), so this was taken with my phone.

This is 2 coats of OPI Suzi Says Feng Shui, my favorite TARDIS-y blue polish topped with Essence Special Effects Topper Circus Confetti.

I am LOVING Circus Confetti for these glitter gradients!

-Kara

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a comment :)